How to boost your website SEO
SEO stands for search engine optimization. In simple terms, it’s a process of you improving your website that helps you rank higher on Google. I would like to stress that this does not guarantee you will be No.1.
As mentioned, the best benefit of SEO is it helps you to rank higher on google searches! Sone additional benefits are:
• Can bring more organic traffic to your website.
• Improves your brand awareness.
• It’s a budget friendly way to boost your business.
There are a few things you can do to help improve your SEO. These are:
1. Understand your customer base
Understanding how your customer behaves is key to improving your website SEO. The best way to do this is by considering how your customer may be searching for your product/service?
• Are they trying to fix a problem?
• Are they looking for a location?
• Do they already know what they need?
2. Use keywords and phrases on your website
Keywords/phrases are what words the customer will use when doing a google search. Adding words such and your product and your location can help boost your SEO.
But keep in mind, there is such a thing as too many keywords that can lower your SEO rating. I would stick to 3-4 keywords/phrases per page.
3. Keep your content pages up to date
Regularly updating your content pages encourages google to browse your site more often. This shows google your website it still relevant and can boost your SERP ( Search Engine Results Page) ranking.
4. Use meta tags
Meta tags are what are shown when doing a google search. Meta tags include a title and description. Making sure you update your meta tags with key words will help your ranking.
5. Stay up-to-date with SEO practices
SEO practices are always being updated and expanded. Making sure you are up-to-date with the current times is the best way to keep your website ranking high.